Monday, July 29, 2013

Fandom Fest 2013

To wrap up my summer of book promotion, I attended a great event: Fandom Fest in Louisville, KY. This was my second year, and I had a blast. Huge thanks to Ren Garcia (author of The League of Elder series) for sharing his car, a table, and his off-the-wall imagination with me all weekend!



Since most of my characters (thus far) in my series have been elves, I dressed as one again.


I met all kinds of cool characters, like Cap'n Jack Sparrow:

My daughter Meg and I met Grant Wilson, formerly of TAPS, aka Ghost Hunters, and currently into all sorts of cool artistic talents:

Besides all the fun and photos, I gave out a lot of promotional materials for the Tallenmere series and even some free ARC copies of A Ranger's Tale. I made about 15-16 sales, which is a record for little ol' me. Hopefully I'll hear back from some of those readers. If you happen to BE one of those readers who met me at Fandom Fest and got a book or two, I'd LOVE to hear from you!!!! Contact me here or via email or my Facebook page...





1 comment:

  1. Hey Mysti!

    That looks like such a fun event. I need to find something like that around where I live. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.