Monday, August 1, 2011

A Review of "Tales From Imagination's Closet" by M. Allman

Available now at Melange Books!
This weekend, I finished M. Allman's Tales From Imagination's Closet. You may remember her from an interview back in March HERE. This book is a collection of 29 speculative fiction stories, ranging from macabre to hilarious to bizarre. Many of the tales would qualify as flash fiction, so they made for some nice, short reads when I had a break here and there in my hectic day.

All of them are unique, and Ms. Allman employs a straightforward, easy style that one can easily jump right into. My favorite story of them all was "Assailant". It had me laughing out loud. You'll never look at Frosty the Snowman the same way again.

The only things I tripped over were some editing issues. In a few stories, "Tom" became "Tim", and other typos halted the pace. Otherwise, it was an enjoyable read, and I'd recommend this collection for anyone who likes to enjoy some short tales in their hectic days. But don't take my word for it. Pick up your own copy today!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good. My sort of book. Nice review, Mysti.
    Love Jenny
    xx

    ReplyDelete

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.