Thursday, September 2, 2010

Have you read these before?

http://www.writing-world.com/romance/cliches.shtml

She's a naive virgin. He's a lustful womanizer. She's weak. He's strong. He schools her in the ways of physical love. Yeah, we've all read them. Heck, I've probably even written it. This article from Writing-World.com explores the topic of clichéd romance plots. I think I'll print it up and tape it by my monitor. Nothing wrong with a naive virgin every now and then, but I'll try to remember to spice it up and make her a gun-toting, strong, naive virgin at the very least.

What are your experiences with reading so-called clichéd romance? Is it cause for you to close the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.